Monday, October 20, 2008

Suggestions Please!

I have very, very straight hair. I would like to sometimes have curly hair. About every 6 months I try something new, 45 minutes later my hair is flat and straight again, I get frustrated and vow that I will never try to curl my hair again.

Putting the curls in is not the problem -- its keeping them.

So its that time of year again. Enough time has passed that the frustration and disappointment from my last experience have faded and I'm ready to experiment again. I refuse to believe with all the advances in sciences we have made, that there isn't a product out there that can keep my hair curly for longer than an hour. (Hair spray and mousse so far haven't been up to the challenge).

Any ideas?

4 comments:

Debbie said...

As someone with curly hair, I don't face the same problem. However, my advice would be this: you may have to splurge and go to a really nice salon and get your hair styled curly. Note what they do and what products they use. Ask for a stylist who has experience doing this kind of thing. It will probably be expensive, but at least you'd know how to do it. Good luck!

Izzy said...

Stick a bobby pin in an electric socket and you will be left with a really nice tight curl.......or would it be more like a frizz, and smell really stinky.

I remember using pomade when wanting a curl or style to REALLY stay. It's not heavy like hairspray or mousse but light and held form really well and is NOT susceptible to humidity.

You can find it at CVS even.

Can we have a girls hair night!? FUn, FUn!

Izzy

Nate and Mags said...

hmm, I have the same problem. My Chinese hair is just as straight and I like to sport some curls in awhile. Do you curl with a curling iron or those hot curlers that you put in your hair? When we took photos in Taiwan, they set the curlers in and of course sprayed a ton and it stayed that way for almost the rest of the day. I'm thinking of buying a set sometime.

Unknown said...

a weave.