Sunday, October 26, 2008

Kitchen Table 2.0

So maybe we're in a DIY phase...

This weekend we looked around for some more hand-me-down-got-for-free-at-a-garage-sale-when-we-were-students furniture to paint (turns out our house is still full of it) and landed on the dining room table.











A few of the things we wish we'd known beforehand:

1. Spray gun is essential (we used it for the black paint but not the primer -- you can still see some pretty healthy brush strokes when the light hits it)


2. Satin finish would be best: We did coat 1 in glossy, then coat 2 in flat. oh well.

Overall I still think its an improvement!

5 comments:

Dana said...

I love it! Way to go! You guys are amazing. =)

Izzy said...

Wow! What a fun thing to do together. Soooooo cute! Great job...

Unknown said...

It looks so good!! What is the next project....my apartment?

Nat said...

I can't believe you guys do this in an afternoon. Nick and I just refinished our entertainment center and it only took five months. I am impressed.

Unknown said...

it looks so good. I am impressed with your vision! you inspire me.