Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My new favorite thing

Bananas!

They're good in everything!

I love bananas in my cereal. I love bananas in my pancakes. And as of tonight, I love bananas in my cookies.

we did create-your-own-cookies for young women's tonight so i made plain oatmeal cookie dough and let them add different candy bars / butterscotch, peanut butter and chocolate chips. After they left I noticed some bananas on the counter and gave them a try.

oh my.

I'm sure its been done by someone before, but i've never had oatmeal banana cookies before.

So good!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A banana a day keeps the Dr. away! Many people think it's an apple, but who has ever heard of a Dr. slipping on an apple peel?

Izzy said...

Banana pancakes....mmmmmmm with lots of butter and syrup.

Speaking of delicious recipes. We had this tonight.....and it was awesome!!!!!



---------------
DR. PEPPER CAKE
---------------

1 c. butter
1 c. Dr. Pepper
4 tbsp. cocoa
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. soda
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Heat butter, cocoa and Dr. Pepper. Mix well and set aside.

Cream eggs, sugar and butter, milk and soda. Add flour and
cinnamon alternately with Dr. Pepper mixture, then vanilla.

Pour into greased and floured 9 x 12 inch pan and bake at
350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Ice with Dr. Pepper
Icing.


DR. PEPPER ICING:

1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. Dr. Pepper
3 tbsp. cocoa
1 (16 oz.) box confectioner's sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts

Heat butter, cocoa and Dr. Pepper and blend well. Stir in
other ingredients. Mix thoroughly and frost cake.