Friday, July 25, 2008

Here's to good customer service

So I used a company to help with some stuff at work and they kind of messed up. Well, they really messed up. They got lucky and nothing bad happened - but it really could have been disastrous.

I definitely let them know how I felt, but I didn't go crazy on them or anything. I also had no intention of continuing to use their services.

This morning when I came in there was a gift card to a fancy day spa waiting for me!

Guess I'll be using their company again afterall.

3 comments:

Izzy said...

A day at the spa can sure make bad feelings go away. I think you owe me by the way. Leave the spa certificate in my mailbox tonight. Just kiddin'. Have a blast at the spa! I hope that company screws up again for ya....another trip to the spa!

Nick said...

Good old bribery is always an effective tool with me as well.

ukmom said...

lol -- this story is so Danielle!!!