Thursday, September 4, 2008

Granny in Training

Yesterday I learned how to knit! I went to a little shop downtown that is devoted to knitting to look for a beginner's project. The shop lady ended up giving me an hour+ lesson and I'm so ready to go now. She started me out on a scarf to practice my stitches, which is a little less exciting since I'm pretty sure I didn't wear a scarf once last winter. But once I've got that down I'm going to be knitting everything.

You needed a new sweater for christmas, right?

3 comments:

Izzy said...

You could knit you and T.J. matching Christmas sweaters, put them on, take your family Christmas picture, then mail it out to all your friends. That would be cute!

Watch out people. Dani is learning to knit! Don't go too wild with those needles girl. You could start a fire.

Arnold LvE said...

Somehow I thought you were in Texas?

Hmm. But I do warn you, my experience tells me that most sweaters turn into socks for first time knitters....

Good luck!

kellie said...

danielle, I am lurking--found your link through ismari--I love knitting and will help you. Did you go to the shop on shephard?