Monday, November 2, 2009

Vacation FAIL

On Friday I got an email advertising the most amazing last minute deal to Rio you've ever seen. It was cheaper than our last trip Utah. It was the kind of deal you just don't say no to.

So at 5pm on Friday we decided to go to Rio - on Saturday. We told everyone at work. We bought tickets. I went to the store and bought sunscreen and snacks for the plane ride.

Then just as I was cancelling all of our weekend plans, TJ remembered an article he'd read that talked about needing a visa to go to Brazil. And just like that - our vacation was over.

So we spent Friday night at a Churrascaria, and we didn't spend the weekend in Rio.

6 comments:

Andrea J said...

ohh. i'm sorry. stupid visas.

BusyMama said...

LAME! I'm so sorry.

Stacey said...

At least you got a good story out of it???

Stacey

Stacey said...

Also, I think Randall did what you guys did once only he showed up at the airport. I think they put him on a plane to Argentina or Chile instead...you should have played dumb and tried for that!

Nicole said...

I'm telling you, we should have left TJ behind and just gone. Its not our fault he doesn't have a visa...all the cool kids do.

Izzy said...

AAAWwwwww man! That would have been ONE AWESOME weekend!!!!!!! ha ha

Love that story! ♥ Izzy