Sunday, March 8, 2009

My kind of camping

This weekend TJ convinced me to go camping. The weather was amazing. A change of scenery is always fun. OK - I'm up for it.


So we bought all the supplies and packed our things. Then we called the camp site...only to find that everyone else had had the same idea. Every camp site within decent driving distance was completely booked.


We didn't want to let all our supplies go to waste.... The solution? House Camping!


Tin foil dinners on the grill.




Followed by a movie under the stars. We stopped short of setting up the tent in the garden...that seemed like an awful lot of work. And let's be honest, you just can't beat sleeping in your own bed.


9 comments:

Andrea J said...

Camping in your own yard sounds fantastic. TJ's hair looks darker and y'all look adorable in your rodeo picture.

Izzy said...

Sounds like a PERFECT nigh! You guys are so cute!

Izzy

Izzy said...

I meant nighT. I an NOT into talking old school English.

ukmom said...

Love the 'movie under the stars'
idea --

Nicole said...

You are sleeping outside, and we are getting roughly 2 feet of snow currently. What's that about?

Dana said...

Those tin foil dinners made me hungry. What a fun weekend!

Zach said...

I'm jealous of camping and rodeos. I just rode my bike to work in a snowstorm.

hope4staci said...

It is so wonderful to know that love and fun is alive at your house. Keep up the fun, I know you both work hard. I miss seeing you all. The entire Campbell family.

Take care and let me know if you get this.
Staci Green Skabelund
stacigsmile@gmail.com (This is a new email address because my others ones are getting full - I wish they made it as easy as Outlook to delete messages.)

Hope we can get a Green family reunion together at some point. Grandpa is going to be 82 years old (My Dad) and both he and Mom Mom are the BEST.

Unknown said...

what a great post. I really felt like I was there. Also, I wish the weather in Utah was conducive to camping right now...